Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Feelin' Good

Hello! I can't thank you enough for all of your prayers, encouragement, and sweet comments!


A few updates ~


*My neurologist told me I would have a slow recovery, removed my PICC line, and said to come back in four months. He spent plenty of time with us and answered all of my questions as well. Overall, a good report!


*My ob doctor said that Reese is measuring small but thinks she will catch up over the next nine weeks. She wants to see me every two weeks now and will do a few more ultrasounds to watch her. She didn't seem overly concerned, so I am relieved!


We have been well taken care of since we've been back home. Our amazing connection group and other friends have provided us meals. I still haven't been to the grocery store which is huge for me. Jason went to buy milk, but that's it.


It's been more difficult that I thought it would be adjusting back to being a mom to Zach and just "life" in general. Last week was difficult, but this week is so much better. I guess I was more frustrated than anything at feeling so weak. I wanted and needed to do so many things! I feel stronger every day and more and more like myself. I am so thankful that Reese is still inside me growing, and I am out of the hospital. It could have been so much worse.


GOD used and is using your prayers to carry me along. I praise GOD for answered prayers!


I am taking up some offers to help me with Zach the next two mornings. I am so excited! He will be well taken care of so that I actually get out! I'm ready, but I will definitely be driving slowly. ; )


A little comic relief for the day...Zach tried to eat a beetle! It was a "freak out" moment for me and probably the first of many concerning Zach. I think I scared him more than him actually eating the bug because I screamed at the top of my lungs...several times. Oops. I am trying to learn my lesson of staying calm in circumstances like this. I consider myself a pretty tough woman, BUT I CANNOT do any "crunchy" type bugs. They petrify me.


After asking Jesus to HELP ME, I somehow was able to get the squished beetle out of Zach's mouth with a paper towel and throw it on the floor. After I calmed him down, I called my pediatrician to ask if beetles were poisonous. Her secretary only laughed at me which honestly I was so glad to hear. She calmed me down, and Zach and I went on about our day. I didn't know if we were going to have another ER visit or what!


I can't wait to catch up on all of your blogs!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Katie,
I am so glad you are feeling better!! I have been praying for you and your family.

Sarah Fries said...

We are so glad you are doing better! I laughed out loud about you calling the Dr for Zach's beetle run-in! I love it. You are such a good parent to think of stuff like that! We will see you tomorrow when we bring you dinner!

3LittleByrds said...

Katie, so glad your feeling better and that baby Reese is doing well.

the osbornes said...

I was so happy to see the title of this post! You've been in our our prayers. Oh, and I would have the exact same reaction as you did to the beetle!! Ewwww. I think we're in for many years of that type of thing with these boys :)

Unknown said...

Hi, Katie!
I'm so glad you're feeling better. I will continue to pray for you and baby Reese. May even the thought of eating a beetle never cross her pretty little girly mind.:)

Miss B.

Jen Bridgham said...

Katie,
I had to wait a few days to read your account from your perspective. I have been following and praying with your sister in laws blog, thanks to Caroline. As a mom, we strive to be on top of our game at all times. I can only imagine what you have and are going through now. Take time for yourself. Don't stress about your "to do list" it will get done. I will continue to pray as your pregnancy continues. You are such a strong woman of God and you inspire me! Miss you!! Jen

Doug McPherson said...

We are glad to hear of your continued progress. By the way, you can tell Zach that they serve fried grasshoppers in Cambodia...

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved